We are committed to becoming more sustainable with every step of our growth. Our packaging and ingredients are consistently reviewed, to ensure all our products are as eco-responsible as possible.
The things we do to make a difference:
– We use only the highest quality chemical compounds in conjunction with select natural ingredients, resulting in an efficacious product;
– We strive to ensure our packaging is environmentally friendly and recyclable;
– We advocate cruelty free products and do not test on animals;
– All our products are paraben free;
– We source sustainable materials and techniques;
– We strive to use ingredients and innovations that will make a positive difference;
– By applying an earth-friendly approach to our design process, we aim to minimise the amount of unnecessary packaging used;
– All our products are Australian designed and owned.
We help people feel good, look good and get more out of life with our products that are good for them and good for others to create a better future every day. As a result we strive to provide products that satisfy customer and consumer expectations and are safe in design, supply and use.
Our aim is to ensure that both quality and consumer safety are an integral part of creating and maintaining our brand as the preferred customer and consumer choice.
1. Comply with all applicable product and consumer safety legislation, and other requirements e.g. relevant industry standards, codes of practice, export requirements, relevant importing country.
2. Identify and evaluate potential quality and consumer safety hazards within our operations and those arising from change, and seek to eliminate or control them.
3. Set annual measurable objectives and targets for continuous improvement and provide sufficient resources to implement plans that address quality and consumer safety risks.
4. Maintain procedures and support systems to enable recall of product from the market place.
5. Maintain a formal Quality and Consumer Safety Management System which meets the needs of the business and customers e.g. based on ISO9001, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system, APPELLES standards.
6. Provide appropriate training and education to all employees so that they understand their responsibility for Quality and Consumer Safety.
7. Disseminate relevant quality and consumer safety information to all employees, contractors, labour hire employees and visitors to the workplace.
8. Supply necessary product information to customers and consumers.
9. Work with our contract manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and customers to achieve quality and consumer safety improvements.
10. Anticipate and respond to developing issues and public concerns.
11. Ensure the Quality and Consumer Safety Policy is effectively implemented and publicly available.
12. We want our products to be safe for all consumers, including those with allergies. In addition to labelling products properly, we recognise that allergic consumers deserve choice. We avoid using “may contain “statements except where the product could pose a risk to people with skin allergy. We collaborate with scientists and allergy specialists to understand “how much is too much”, so we can refine our production processes to achieve levels that do not pose a risk.
All our paper packaging is fully biodegradable, made from recycled paper and/or sourced from sustainable forests. All printing is done using soy-based inks which are a renewable resource that are safe and produce fewer emissions.
Where plastics are required in our products, we ensure the use of recyclable PET and LDPE plastics.
By adopting the above measures APPELLES ensures we have an immediate positive impact on the environment at the same time as reducing our carbon footprint.